Friday, April 1, 2011

In-Depth Study Proposal Submission Form

Below is the submitted In-Depth study for level six:

Uses for Felting Grade Angora

Fibers to be used: Angora (raised), merino (bought)
Spinning methods: Worsted (Z twist - S twist ply)
Finishing methods: Knitting, Felting,

Samples or end products (describe how many and what they will be):

I would like to create one of each of the following items showing the uses of Felting Angora:

Shoe/Boot Liners (felted)
Designer Yarn
Purse (spun, knitted, and felted)
Flies for fly fishing
Christmas Bulb (stuffed with chunky yarn)
Handwarmers (spun and knitted)

How will the objective be accomplished (briefly describe what you intend to do):

I realized how much angora is wasted because it had felted on the animal or it was too short in length, so I chose to focus my study on the uses for felting angora. My goal for this study is to come up with uses to turn a waste product into a profit. This study will use many methods in order to complete this project.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This study has been turned in and I will start as soon as it is approved.

Email me if you have any more ideas that you would think would improve this study.

No comments:

Post a Comment