Tuesday, February 9, 2010

fiber projects this weekend

This past weekend was busy. On Saturday I went with my mom and sister to a spinning guild in our area. It was fun and hopefully this art will keep growing (as the guild only had about 3 members not including us). In our area there are a lot of knitters, but no spinners. I guess we have to get them addicted to the luxury fibers. Most of them are used to working with Walmart yarns.... 


Anyways, I had a nice little surprise this weekend waiting for me when I came home from the spinners meeting. John Jenkins from Magpie Woodworks sent 3 natural wood drop spindles (as shown in the pic above).. they are beautiful! Thanks John!


I was able to wash up some CVM fiber and spin it up for the breed samples. I was required to spin two 2 ply sample skeins (10 yards- worsted and woolen) and knit two samples....


Well, I will post more pictures later this week. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment